The Wyndham Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» {cascade Pilot Personal Edition Crack}
Making the Werribee Line Zone 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:18 am by ingarpeyt

» ??? ??? ?? ????? ?????? ?????
Making the Werribee Line Zone 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 4:31 am by ingarpeyt

» First Sex 18 Year Girl Rap
Making the Werribee Line Zone 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 am by ingarpeyt

» First Sex 18 Year Girl Rap
Making the Werribee Line Zone 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:49 am by ingarpeyt

» Software Amos 18 Free Download
Making the Werribee Line Zone 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 9:24 am by ingarpeyt

» PS3 LVL DIAG-adds
Making the Werribee Line Zone 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 2:37 am by ingarpeyt

» PS3 LVL DIAG-adds
Making the Werribee Line Zone 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 2:35 am by ingarpeyt

» PS3 LVL DIAG-adds
Making the Werribee Line Zone 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 2:35 am by ingarpeyt

» Sims 3 Acces Vip Torrent
Making the Werribee Line Zone 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:47 pm by ingarpeyt

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Wyndham Community on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 

Poll

Making the Werribee Line Zone 1

Go down

Making the Werribee Line Zone 1 Empty Making the Werribee Line Zone 1

Post  Anthony Ang Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Today I have a lunch meeting with some friends at a friend's house in Altona Meadows. One family lives at Hoppers Crossing. Instead of using the Hoppers Crossing train station, they drive to Laverton Train Station to take the train to the city, simply because Laverton is the last Zone 1 train station on the Werribee Line.

I believe many people do the same travel plan as this family. Aircraft station which is very close to Laverton is greatly underutilized, simply because it is Zone 2. I think when the new Williams Landing station is completed, people who live closer to the new station will still prefer to drive to Laverton Train Station to catch the train. The exception will be homes within walking distance to the new station. This causes a lot of congestion and car park spaces demand at Laverton, with the more distant stations operating below what will be their natural capacities, if not because of the Zone 1/2 factor.

There is a suggestion that all the stations on the Werribee Line be classified as Zone 1 to normalize the passenger loads, according to the demographics distribution. This will be good for our environment and society as this will lead to less car travel, less clogging of roads, less travel time and more time for the family. All this increase in social and environmental benefits, if translated to monetary terms, will more than offset the reduced income to the train operator and state due to rezoning to Zone 1.

I think this is a worthwhile topic for residents in the western suburbs to discuss about. What are your opinions?

Anthony Ang
Admin

Back to top Go down